Annual Meetings of The Cabell Family Society, Inc.
As a Virginia Corporation, The Cabell Family Society holds annual meetings at sites of special significance in Cabell history. In the past 35 years, popular sites have included:
- Colonial Williamsburg Virginia
- DAR Constitution Hall in Washington D.C.
- New Market, Virginia
- Trinity Episcopal Church, Nelson Virginia
- The University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
- Union Hill in Nelson County, Virginia
- Point of Honor in Lynchburg, Virginia
- The Greenbrier Hotel in White Sulphur Springs, West Virginia
- Liberty Hall in Nelson County, Virginia
- The Country Club of Virginia in Richmond, Virginia
The 65th Annual Meeting of the Society
The 65th Annual Meeting of the Society took place on Saturday, October 8, 2022 at the historic Cabell site, Union Hill, in Nelson County, Virginia. Dr. Lynn Rainville, Executive Director of Institutional History and the Museums at Washington and Lee University, where she is also a Professor of Anthropology and Cabell Family Society member Joe Mahach, a descendant of Col. William Cabell, were the featured speakers. Meeting details can be found in the June newsletter.
The 66th Annual meeting of the Society will be held on October 14, 2023. Details for the meeting will be in upcoming newsletters.
For more information, please send an email with “Annual Meeting” as the subject of your email.