Home Site – Lexington, Kentucky
Cabell’s Dale is located outside Lexington, Kentucky and continues to be operated as a horse farm. See Castleton Lyons for more information.
Timeline of Ownership
- See “History” of Castleton Lyons
- 1793-1816: John Breckinridge (1760-1806), wife of Mary Hopkins Cabell (1769-1858). Mary was the third child of Col. Joseph Cabell and Mary Hopkins.
- 1806 – 1816: The home was owned by the Breckinridge family.
- In 1811 at the age of 17, Mary Anne Breckinridge (1794-1816) married David Castleman (1786-1852). She died in 1816, and Cabell’s Dale was inherited by David Castleman.
- 1816 – ?: David Castleman
- late 1800’s -1920: James R. Keene
- 1920 -1945: David Look
- 1945 -2001: Frederick and Frances Dodge Van Lennep
- 2001- present: Tony Ryan. Renamed the estate to Castleman Lyons.